Pages

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Catch Up Post

Happy belated Christmas and New Year.I guess I owe this blog an update,eh?

My holiday at hometown has ended :(. It's been fun and memorable.It's refreshing to see old, familiar faces. Although it feels strange and different at first when I arrive, it is so easy to fit back to the old routine. I was gone for months but I have lived here for years after all.

Even I went back just for 2 weeks, I still go to mission trip to Tanjung Batu for 3 days and I don't regret it. No, seriously, it's going to be a really memorable time and one source of strength for me to keep going in Lord. And the rest of my holiday is spent to tend the shop because my father had a motorcycle accident :(. But I kind of glad, though. I mean at least I was there when he had the accident and I can help when my parents needs me.

And then BAM! 2 weeks is gone (there is no such sound, I use it just for the sake of hyperbole, ok?) I try to cherish it as long as I could, but 2 weeks is a really short time. I guess time is up and all I can do is try to cherish it every opportunity I have. Human never cherish what they got right now, such a strange creature.

And you know what I did in my last day of holiday which is also the New Year celebration of 2010? Sleep after I had lunch and wake up to eat dinner. I think it's a nice long 5 hours nap. I regret it a little bit, but yeah, I guess I need that kind of rest too. No use regretting what had happened ;D

Moving on, when I arrive in Malaysia, it's been nice. I don't feel any unfamiliarity with my housemate, at least not yet. The first service in the 2010 is also really nice. Wish I can stay in God's presence like that forever. And wasted my 3 hours to go back home. Hey, it's my first time taking KTM and MetroBus alone. And God answer my prayer all the way (thank You, Lord, You are the best!).

So yeah, although I almost giving up celebrating New Year, what my pastor said has reminded me to cherish what we got. Although it is very tempting to wallow myself in self-pity because nothing special happened at New Year, but at least we can try to make this year is a worthwhile and important year for our journey in God's way. So, I guess that will be my New Year resolution (it's kinda late, but late is better than not doing at all) which is to know God more, to make Holy Spirit my Guide in every step and decision I make! Hope you also have a worthwhile New Year resolution, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment