Pages

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Reflective Thought

[tsunami-srilanka-101026-02[7].jpg]
Credit: Images Copyright DigitalGlobe.
You see picture above?  Imagine the green to be some kind of moss and the orange is some kind of brick. And there you go, puddle at your backyard.

But no, this is a picture taken from satellite from Sri Lanka when tsunami struck on Dec 24, 2004.
When I see above image, I’m dumbfounded. I couldn’t help but compare it to the small images of flood  I’ve taken few weeks back on my hometown (at my backyard and taken from my phone, so forgive its unclear-ness).

[27092010(005)[6].jpg]
Recently (yesterday night, exactly) another tsunami stuck again in Mentawai Island, Indonesia that causes activities to volcano in Yogyakarta (Java Island, also in Indonesia).

And really, those natural disasters is almost… humbling. Like it’s whispering (and shouting, if you see from another angle) that your and my little world can be easily, very easily shattered.

Humbling, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment