Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Learning From Mistake

MistakeTry to imagine a world without mistakes. When everything we do always stick to the plan and things we do will never, ever go wrong. And as interesting as this notion is, we know that it is pretty impossible, in our current world at least.

We, as human (I hope you are, my dear reader), who constantly faced with decision-making moment, be it major or minor decision, will inevitably make a mistake.
And living in this current age, where comfort and safety is quite guaranteed, there are times when we take every good thing we have as granted. Including expecting things to go exactly like we wanted. 

There are many times in my life, when I forget that a smooth plan is not something that *should* happen by itself. And despite everything, I often forget that sometimes no matter how much preparation we had, things go wrong and failure happens.

Looking back, I can see more clearly. These mistakes, when learnt correctly, is a powerful teacher. Experience is the best teacher they say, although there are times you must learnt it the hard way. As the saying goes: What doesn’t kill you, makes you stronger. As long as you are not dead from the mistake, there bounds to be something to be learnt from it.

And while I don’t particularly want to repeat those (mostly painful) mistakes again, it definitely shapes me to be a wiser person. More mature, perhaps, or I hope so.

So, I guess all I can say is: Live and learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment