Pages

Friday, March 26, 2010

Bring Your Own Firefox, Add-ons and Bookmarks.

PortableFirefoxUSB

Everytime I use University's computer for browsing, I must log-in to various website. It's a hassle to type all usernames, e-mails, and password all over again. Not to mention the ancient version of Mozilla (v3.2 or something) they use and lack of bookmarks and add-ons.

So I decided to bring my trusted Mozilla Firefox Portable in my Flash disk (after banging my head mentally wondering why I didn't think of it sooner in my half a year University life).

After installing Firefox to the Flash disk, the next step is to move all my bookmarks. As I mentioned in my previous post, I use X-marks (which I use to move my bookmarks  to Chrome also). Install, type username and password. Voila! All my bookmarks is there. And then, all I need to do is install the essential add-ons for speed and security.

Basically, that's all the steps and I do it in less than half an hour. And I believe it will save me the agony of typing usernames and passwords all over again. So, everytime I use other computer all I need to do is plug my Flash disk, open Firefox, and just start to browse.

You can see various suggestion of portable freeware in my favourite freeware suggestion site, Gizmo’s Freeware

No comments:

Post a Comment