Pages

Monday, February 22, 2010

Google and Technology Downside

Google before you tweet is the new think before you speak. Ever heard or read this saying? Yeah, I also found it coincidentally.

Even though this saying is not applicable in all part of the world (it only applies to country that can easily enjoy full web experience and country that uses Twitter), it still makes me think. Google is a powerful thing or dead-being. When I first learn and use about internet, first thing that I open is Google. You can almost search practically anything you want. Even things you never knew that it even exists in the internet.

But replacing 'think' with 'Google'? With Google you don't think except of thinking the keyword. Sure, you learn by researching in Google, but somehow I think it's not good for brain. Soon, people need to remember nothing because ''I can just Google it''. Nowadays, I don't even have to remember my friends phone number and birthday. It is written in their Facebook.

Getting information has never been easier. Any people with internet connection can have a research with any kind of topic. It can even be accessed by cheap phone that have browser. No wonder people call this age as Information age. Call it scepticism, call it pessimism, but that's it. Like I've said before, technology brings major advancement and with it, it brings problem.

I really hope the day won't come when idiots who know nothing before they Google it make up for most population of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment